Monday, November 15, 2010

An Introduction

Howdy!

Welcome to Dough or Donut, There is No Pie. I know it’s a mouthful. And I hope that it will be. It’s my goal to share some delicious adventures on this tiny corner of the mighty internet. I’m hoping there might be a recipe or two on here that gets you inspired to look at cooking a little differently. Maybe you’ll try something new. Maybe you’ll improve what I’ve offered. Maybe you’ll come up with something radically unusual and yummy. Please do! And please feel free to share your own escapades that we can learn from each other.


As for me, I’m just a Texan foodie (and geek, as you may have guessed) that’s been shipped off to California. I’m not classically trained, but I do love food. Probably too much. I especially love baked goods and sweets of every kind. Cookies, cakes, brownies, ice cream, pancakes, breads and tarts, to name the tip of the iceberg. It certainly is a glorious age to have such a culinary love affair. The internet is full of blogs with decadent recipes and luscious photos that will have you practically licking your monitor. Or maybe that’s just me.

I’ll take any excuse to bake. Because sometimes you just need brownies/cookies/fresh bread/all of the above. My problem comes with the eating. Or rather, it doesn’t. It turns out that most of my friends (and those that I live with) don’t particularly like sweets. Wait, what? Don’t get me wrong, they’re normally champs and try something or will have a serving the first day. Unfortunately, that leaves a lot left for me to consume the day after. And the day after that. You see the problem.

So, instead of baking less, I figured I should experiment with the variables to come to the heart of the dilemma. They don’t like sweets. They never said they didn’t like cookies. Hypothesis #1: Make sweets less sweet. And so this blog was born. It’s my goal that here I can share my successes (and numerous failures) in the quest for something unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment